With all of the football going on I figured it chicken wings would be a totally appropriate recipe to post. Before I start writing about my love for lemon pepper chicken wings specifically, can I just say that tomorrow we find out whether or not our Falcons will be playing in the Super Bowl! Seriously, WHAT IF WE MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL?? Good luck Falcons!
We all know we can’t have football without wings. I go back and forth about my love for buffalo hot wings and lemon pepper wings and I think it’s a close tie. They can’t really be compared because they’re so different, and both DELICIOUS to me.
There’s a sports bar about 1/2 an hour from me that has amazing lemon pepper wings but sometime I find it a hassle not only to sit in traffic getting there but slowly just giving them all my money because I love their recipe so much. I knew I had to create a go-to recipe that I could make myself. I must say since these ones are baked instead of friend so they’re also a tad healthier!
The chicken will take about an hour til they’re crispy and fully cooked. You’ll just take them out and add some lemon pepper butter sauce! So easy.
I really love love love chicken wings that I think I could eat them multiple times a week. I also must say that I have a HUGE preference for the flats. That’s what they’re called around here. The drumettes probably have more meat on them but I find them harder to eat. Flats all the way baby!
And if you’re like me you’ll probably spread a couple *extra* sprinkles of lemon pepper seasoning and juice. Love it!
Happy football and wings Sunday funday!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon salted lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking rack with nonstick spray and place onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (the foil will make cleanup easier).
- Toss chicken wings in olive oil and lemon juice and place wings in a single layer onto the baking rack.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until chicken is crispy on the outside and fully cooked inside.
- Melt butter in a bowl. Add lemon pepper seasoning and stir.
- Add cooked chicken wings to a large bowl and drizzle the lemon pepper butter on top of the chicken. Mix with a wooden spoon until lemon pepper mixture covers chicken wings. Add more lemon pepper seasoning to taste.
- Serve warm.