I just want to start off by saying I LOVE TACOS. I’ve posted a few different recipes for tacos and there’s sooo much more coming your way. You can really put anything on them and you know they’re going to taste good. I just spent a week in California eating my way through San Diego and and Mexico and I’m inspired even more! I love being able to edit a recipe and turn it into taco form. I love BBQ chicken pizza and thought about how fun (and delicious) it would be to eat as a taco! So here ya go!
Although you might not be able to find these in Southern California or Mexico, you’re still going to enjoy what they have to offer. Delicious bbq chicken, crispy bacon pieces, cheese, cilantro, red onion, and more bbq sauce. I’m so happy that Sweet Baby Ray’s makes this sauce in a squeeze bottle because it makes serving so easy! And more cheese! I just can’t get enough!
What other toppings would you put on your bbq chicken tacos? Comment below!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 Tortillas
- In a large ziploc bag, combine chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup bbq sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil to medium heat. Cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Add red onion & garlic and cook about 30 seconds-1 minute, until fragrant. Set aside.
- Heat tortillas and assemble tacos with chicken, and top with red onion mixture, bacon, cheese, cilantro, and bbq sauce.
Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse