Give me any excuse to eat blue cheese (or is it bleu cheese) and I will totally do it. You honestly don’t have to tell me twice. I’ve tried a few different store bought brands and although they really they aren’t bad, I’ve started making my own blue cheese. I find that I like it waaay better. I almost always have greek yogurt and mayo in the fridge. The Worcestershire is a staple ingredient in my pantry, and I love cheese so we all know I always have blue cheese in the fridge as well. If you at all are curious, I definitely recommend making this blue cheese yourself!
You. Got. This.
These buffalo chicken bites are a simpler version of these Buffalo Chicken Tacos which makes it so easy to share in a group or party. We all love finger food! Especially these little bites that are sized perfectly.
I keep it simple and use Frank’s red hot sauce, which you can find pretty much everywhere. To me it’s a mild sauce but I think it gives such a great buffalo sauce flavor that just makes it so perfect. If you’re anything like me, and the picture shows- I’m such a messy eater so don’t feel bad if you get the sauce everywhere like I did. It makes it that much more fun to eat 🙂
Are you a blue cheese lover or are you a ranch fanatic? I would love to see your response below!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot (or your favorite) hot sauce
- Blue Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil to medium high heat.
- Whisk blue cheese ingredients together. Add more half and half or salt/pepper to desired taste and consistency. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs.
- Slice chicken breasts in half, lengthwise. This will make the chicken cook faster and more evenly in the skillet.
- Dip chicken first into the egg mixture, followed by the flour and panko mixture. Shake off excess and add to skillet. Fry for about 10-12 minutes, flipping chicken 1/2 way through. Cook until golden grown and well done. Remove from skillet and allow to cool for a few minutes. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add Frank’s Red Hot sauce in a medium bowl. Add cooked bite-sized chicken to the bowl and cover with lid or foil. Shake to toss chicken and sauce.
- Serve chicken with blue cheese, and garnish with blue cheese crumbles if desired.