Do you love hot wings? Tacos? Well if you say yes to both of those questions I really think you need to go ahead and make these buffalo chicken tacos. Plus, it’s not completely unhealthy for you, it’s topped with lettuce and tomato 😉
If you aren’t a bleu cheese fan and you prefer ranch… that’s cool- we can still be friends. ONLY if you don’t take my bleu cheese away from me. Or my buffalo chicken tacos. I might cry.
I really think this is one of my favorite tacos I’ve ever made. I actually wish I was eating one right now. Why pay all that money for something like this when it’s really not that much work to do at home, and way tastier!
If you prefer store bought bleu cheese dressing it will save you a few minutes in the kitchen, but that kind of takes the fun away from cooking! Go ahead and try to make the bleu cheese sauce, you’ll be happy you did 🙂
Let’s eat up!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small strips
- 1 teaspoon + ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (reserved)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons Frank’s (or your favorite) hot sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- Bleu Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Tomato, diced
- Bleu cheese sauce
- Extra bleu cheese, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil to medium high heat.
- Whisk bleu cheese ingredients together. Add more half and half or salt/pepper to desired taste and consistency. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs.
- Dip chicken strips first into the egg mixture, followed by the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and add to skillet. Fry for about 10-12 minutes, flipping chicken 1/2 way through. Cook until golden grown and well done. Set aside on a plate and keep warm.
- Combine melted butter, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and Frank’s hot sauce in a medium bowl. Add cooked chicken strips to the bowl and cover with lid or foil. Shake to toss chicken and sauce.
- Serve chicken on warm tortillas and top with bleu cheese sauce and desired toppings.
Adapted from That Square Plate