This put-it-all-in-your-slow-cooker-and-forget-about-it chicken lettuce wrap recipe calls for just 4 ingredients in the crockpot!
Add chicken, green chiles, your favorite jar of salsa, onions and top it all with a few spices and you’re all set! What could be easier?
I’m all about prepping the night before so that I don’t have to worry about it in the morning. I’m too busy sleeping past my alarm clock, taking my time drinking coffee and listening to music and then rushing like crazy for the last 5 minutes. Who really has time to do all of this in the morning?
I prepped and cut up the chicken the night before and added everything to the crockpot so that all I had to do in the morning was plug in the slow cooker. When I got home from work the house smelled wonderful!
The chicken can be used for anything really- tacos, salad, enchiladas, or whatever you can think of! I decided to be a little healthier and use a lettuce cup. Plus, Ididntreallyhaveachoicebecauseimdoingwhole30 😀
For some reason I really couldn’t get a great picture of the lettuce wrap, and my avocado did not want to participate. Other than that it tasted great!
Feel free to add any additional toppings you desire- cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, hot sauce. It’s up to you!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 16 oz jar salsa
- 4 oz green chiles
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Romaine lettuce cup or tortilla
- Optional toppings:
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Add chicken and next 7 ingredients to slow cooker and stir.
- Cook for 6 hours on low, or 4 hours on high.
- Shred chicken apart with a fork and keep slow cooker on warm until ready to serve.
- Serve on top of lettuce cup or tortilla with optional toppings.