Okay so I think I might have gone a little overboard with these dessert, snack things.
Call it what you want.
Let me give you a couple reasons why you should make them:
- chocolate is amazing
- the croissants are super easy because you won’t have to make the dough from scratch
- there’s only 3 ingredients in them
- they’re good for more than just dessert. Not even kidding, I just ate one for breakfast right now and I might actually have another!
- reasons 1-4
It’s store bought, flaky and buttery croissant dough stuffed with chocolate chips.
That are rolled up and baked.
And then topped with more chocolate, some powdered sugar (for good measure) and some delicious fresh raspberries.
Because, fruit goes with chocolate. Right? It’s science.
How can you really go wrong here with these chocolate croissants?
I really hope you get to enjoying these bad boys.
Every so often I like to work at a coffee shop. Sometimes it’s down the street from where I live and sometimes it’s on the other side of town, which I’m completely fine with because we all need novelty! I don’t really like to sit at coffee shops for an extended period of time without ordering anything so it always comes to the decision if I want to buy coffee or something from their bakery-ish section.
Anyway at one of the many coffee shops I like, they did have some chocolate croissants. Their version of it caught my attention and it was pretty good! I knew I had to add this to my repertoire of goodies and here we are!
Again, what I love about these chocolate croissants is that they’re sooo easy. You don’t even have to go to a coffee shop!
You can totally make these at home. I had to make them a little cuter by adding some fresh fruit and the powdered sugar!
I’m not going to lie, they’re pretty addicting. A bonus of making these in the leisure of your own home is that NO ONE WILL SEE YOU IF YOU EAT FIVE OF THEM.
I think I should go into hiding right now.
Nom nom nom.
These chocolate croissants make the perfect snack and are made with just 3 ingredients. It will definitely be one of your go-to desserts under 20 minutes!
- 1 8-ounce can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (for topping)
- 1 cup raspberries
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Unroll the crescent dough into 8 triangles onto the lined baking sheet. Place about 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips onto the wide end of the triangle and press the chips lightly into the dough. Roll up the crescent dough from the wide end to the opposite end. Place seam side down onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Melt remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips in microwave for 20 seconds and stir chocolate chips. Microwave for an additional 20 seconds and stir. Drizzle over the croissants and top with powdered sugar (optional) and raspberries.