Chicken thighs, oh how I love you!
I think I’ve definitely mastered using my oven. And roasting chicken. And it makes me reallly happy.
My parents usually tell me I should conserve energy and be resourceful and eat sandwiches in the summer. I don’t feel so bad right now using the oven because it’s gotten cooler, but I still use the oven even in the hot Atlanta summer (sorry Mom!).
Pretty much anytime through out the year I enjoy roasting chicken thighs. One of my favorite recipes that I make allll the time are these Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs because 1) they’re lemon pepper 2) they are full of flavor and tender and 3) they’re sooo easy. If you come to my house and I have chicken and a couple lemons, chances are you are getting lemon pepper chicken. Any takers?
I did not have lemon this time but I did have some chicken thighs that were ready to be eaten. And with a pantry full of seasonings I just threw a bunch together and these chicken thighs came out so amazing. I’m pretty sure you’ve got the seasonings in your pantry too!
This chicken reminded me of a rotisserie chicken I bought a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty similar in the sense that it was so juicy and tender and so flavorful! I really don’t know why I didn’t throw something like this together sooner. I also really like the fact that it’s such an inexpensive dinner.
I was so excited to eat these that I actually didn’t even make any sides to go with it. I will say that it would go with really anything. Broccoli is definitely my go to vegetable but make your favorite vegetable and you’ve got yourself an easy dinner! Next time I’ll be a little more prepared and make sides, but let’s be real.. I was really hungry.
Hope you’re having a good week!
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking dish or cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Place wire rack on top. Spray wire rack with nonstick spray to prevent sticking.
- Pat chicken thighs dry and set aside.
- Mix salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken thigh, olive oil, and seasoning mixture. Toss chicken in the olive oil and seasoning until chicken is evenly seasoned.
- Place chicken onto wire rack, skin side up.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.