There are certain foods I love having on rotation and being my “go-to” meals and shrimp definitely has to be up there on my list! What I love about shrimp is that it cooks so fast. This garlic butter shrimp will be on your table within 20 minutes and it’s full of so much garlic butter sauce that you’re going to love!
You will start by melting butter in the skillet and adding the shrimp for a couple of minutes. Once the shrimp has been cooking for a couple of minutes, the fresh garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and seasoning gets added.
Let us just pause right here and talk about fresh garlic.
I loooove the smell of fresh garlic, it’s one of the best things! I used to always use the minced garlic in the jar (don’t judge haha!) until I realized that going fresh with garlic is the way to go!
After just a few more minutes cooking on the stove and combining all of the lovely ingredients of this garlic lemon butter shrimp, you will have dinner ready! I ate mine with rice and bread. And not just any bread, King’s Hawaiian Rolls! I thought it went so well together and I could barely contain myself with that sweet bread!
If you’re a shrimp lover like me, I know you’ll find this will be one of your go to meals too!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound raw, deveined shrimp, tails on
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp is starting to turn pink, or about two minutes.
- Add minced garlic, fresh parsley, lemon juice, red pepper flakes (if using), salt, and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until shrimp is fully cooked and opaque.
- Remove from pan and enjoy hot, served with rice and/or veggies.