Hi there! I realize it has been almost FOREVER since my last blog post. Well I’m back now with this amazing salmon dish that makes for such an easy weeknight dinner!
Sometimes it can be tricky to plan what to make during the week and we all know going to the grocery store is not always the most fun thing to do. One of the things I really enjoy about this dish is that the recipe calls for many things you might already have in your pantry. Win win!
The sauce is made with honey, garlic, onion powder, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Those are 5 simple ingredients that I usually like to keep in my pantry because they taste good in many different recipes, especially on this salmon!
The sauce turns into a sweet and spicy thick glaze that I really love. We all know I LOVE my sauce and I think it goes so well with rice. Veggies would also go great with this dish, how about some broccoli or asparagus? I love good home cooked meals that come together without too much effort or waiting time.
- 1 pound skinless salmon (I used medium 2 filets)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- For serving:
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Cooked rice
- In a small saucepan or pot, combine honey, garlic, onion powder, soy sauce, and sriracha. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then turn off heat. Allow sauce to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat. Add salmon and cook on each side for about 2 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons honey garlic sauce to skillet and cook salmon on each side for an additional 1 minute as sauce thickens and becomes sticky and caramelized. Once salmon is cooked to medium-medium well (should still be a little pink inside), remove from pan and top with additional sauce if desired.
- Serve with cooked rice and top with fresh parsley.