We all procrastinate a little around the holidays amiright? I made these recently and had to post them to the blog because they were so creamy and good! These loaded mashed potatoes are full of creamy goodness.
And sour cream.
And everything else that probably isn’t the greatest for but TASTES SO GOOD SO WE HAVE TO PUT THEM IN MASHED POTATOES.
I will be going to my parent’s house tomorrow for Christmas and we usually have the typical holiday main and side dishes and I am always looking for new dishes to bring to my family, for either they haven’t tried to make it, or they haven’t tried it at all.
I made these mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving and my Mom and brother enjoyed them. They weren’t the only ones who had the potatoes on their plate- my stepdad did too! He is Irish and loves his potatoes but also likes the way he makes potatoes. One of the dishes he makes every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas are roasted potatoes. Very simple. Welll guess what guys! He had both types of potatoes on his plate and I was so happy! I ate them for dayyysss because they’re so good!
Anything with cheese and cream and love is sure to taste delicious!
The crispy bacon really finishes off the dish.
Nom nom nom.
I thought these cute little bowls were the perfect serving size and I ate almost the whole thing right after I made them.
I also picked up a couple of these baking dish things with lids that makes the grab and go so easy. Cheers to easy transport of dishes!
Anyway enough about silly baking dishes and let’s get back to the creamy cheesy mashed potatoes…
I hope you have a Happy Holiday and you enjoy spending time with your loved ones!
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 6-7), peeled and quartered
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, boil potatoes for about 10-15 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain water and mash the potatoes in the pot with a potato masher.
- Add cream cheese, butter, sour cream, milk, green onion, 1/2 of the bacon, and the seasonings. Stir until fully combined. Add cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese and stir.
- Place into a casserole dish and spread evenly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with other 1/2 of bacon crumbles and more cheese if desired.