Have you ever experienced one of those “a-ha” moments? You are probably like me and would rather not know the solution to a problem if it’s just too easy. Today I was experiencing a problem on my work computer and could.not.figure.out. how to resolve this issue. My first step was to look online and read forums from other users experiencing similar problems. Read. Read. No. Tried that. Nope, that didn’t work. That’s too complicated and I shouldn’t be touching those settings. What could it be? 45 minutes into researching this, I thought to myself, “I bet it’s something easy and I’m just overthinking this”. I read more forums, searched the internet more..
Finally, I tried something I hadn’t read. I decided it might be good to start over and just restart my computer. FINALLY the problem was solved. ALL I HAD TO DO WAS RESTART MY COMPUTER????? I literally just wasted an hour of my life, and I can’t get it back. BUT, lesson learned. Before you spend an hour trying to figure out something on your laptop, before huffing and puffing to yourself and getting annoyed, maybe just start by restarting the computer. After all was said and done, I’ve definitely learned my lesson. Has something like this ever happened to you? Sigh.
Anyway, now that my computer is up and running again I’m super excited to share this recipe with you. A couple of weeks ago I made some Mexican Street Corn and couldn’t get enough of the flavor so I wanted to experiment with some other veggies I love. Squash and Zucchini! You’ll roast your veggies in the oven and just top with fresh lime juice, cotija cheese, and cilantro. Roasting veggies is probably one of the easiest ways to cook them and I couldn’t resist the Mexican toppings!
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese, crumbled
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add zucchini, squash and next 6 ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Spread evenly on baking dish and roast for 25 minutes, until veggies become browned.
- Top with lime juice, cotija cheese, and cilantro.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Bowl of Delicious