I don’t know about you but it’s been kind of hard to get back into the swing of things over here. I had a great long holiday weekend but after a long weekend we know how hard it can be to get focused and get your week going! Good thing for us we’re already halfway there, not too shabby!
I have a great dish for you today and it makes a great weeknight meal because it can be made in 30 minutes! It’s crispy orange chicken and another great thing about this dish is that you probably already have quite a few of the ingredients! Who would have thought you don’t have to get hangry waiting for 45 minute Chinese delivery, you too can make your own, you got this! This crispy chicken comes together so nicely and the bite size pieces are perfect! And the SAUCE you guys. The sauce is so good! I’ve mentioned before that I looove making extra sauce to go with things. Not only am I dipper but I’m also a pourer. Any way I can have it!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Orange Sauce:
- Zest and Juice of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Add chicken and marinate 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare orange sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium heat. Add chicken cubes into a single layer, not overcrowding, and cook 5-7 minutes (flipping halfway), or until golden brown and fully cooked inside.
- Add orange sauce to skillet and cook about 3-4 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Remove chicken and sauce from skillet and serve on a bed of rice. Top with sesame seeds and green onion.
Adapted from The Gunny Sack