I’m so happy to have these peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie bars. We all know peanut butter and chocolate together are one of my favorite combinations of all time. I’ve got the recipe for these No-Bake Energy Balls which make snacking through the day so easy, and I don’t feel so bad for eating
five two of them. Sometimes I crave more of a cookie texture, and that’s where these bars come in.
I know it’s not like me to have many baking goods on my site, but I really couldn’t resist here. We all know I am a cold desserts kind of person – the froyo, the ice cream, the milkshakes, and the cheesecake. BUT I assure you, peanut butter and chocolate desserts and snacks rock my socks off. Chocolate chip cookies are pretty much my go to when I do bake, but sometimes I’m in the mood for a brownie, ya feel me?That’s why I made these peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie bars because it’s like a cookie and brownie bar in one!
Excuse me while I go make some more…
What is your favorite way to enjoy peanut butter and chocolate? I’d love to read in the comments below!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, +2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking tray with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Allow butter to cool for a couple of minutes and add peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Gently stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the lined 8x8 baking pan, and spread and smooth top with a spatula. Top with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked and fork comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow bar to cool in pan for about 30 minutes prior to slicing into squares.
Adapted from Averie Cooks