I don’t think brussel sprouts get all of the attention they deserve. There is bacon in this dish so hopefully that’s enough to make you change your mind or give it another shot. Go ahead, do it!
You think I would be tired of balsamic vinegar by now but nope! I usually eat leftovers for a couple of days but that didn’t stop me from using balsamic again for these crispy roasted brussel sprouts.
They kind of fall under the same category as broccoli in the sense that they are both stinky vegetables but they’re so worth it.
It already smells good and they aren’t even roasted yet!
When they’re almost done in the oven you can add extra balsamic vinegar to get them nice and flavorful and caramelized.
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 5-6 strips bacon, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar, reserved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Add brussel sprouts and bacon to a large bowl and combine with the olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place brussel sprouts and bacon mixture onto the lined baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, turning the mixture when there are 10 minutes left.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar for last 10 minutes of baking time.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheese if desired.
Adapted from Realhouse Wives