I can’t believe it’s already September! Just the other day I remember thinking that it was Memorial Day and thinking about how excited I was to lay by the pool and spend time in the sun! And now all I can think about is that it’s almost fall! Given that we only have a few short weekends of fun in the sun left, we should definitely think about the best way to spend it. I have family in sunny San Diego and they’ve asked me, “So, what do you guys do? Do you have a beach? No beach? WHAT DO YOU DO???” Well, family- here in Atlanta we aren’t fortunate enough to have beaches here but the city has expanded so much and there’s always something fun to do. With a growing city comes lots of fun opportunities for all seasons 😀
If you’re looking for an easy way to cook some asparagus I think you’ll love this recipe for lemon roasted asparagus. You can marinate the asparagus with melted butter and lemon juice for a while before you plan on cooking it. I marinated the asparagus for about 30 minutes while I was preparing some other things in the kitchen.
In 15 minutes you’ve got some tender lemony buttery asparagus! I like topping mine with extra lemon juice and a little more salt and pepper for serving.
What is your favorite way to make asparagus? Comment below!
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together the melted butter, lemon juice and olive oil. Pour into Ziploc bag and add asparagus. Marinate for at 30 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Place asparagus onto baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Adapted from The Cookie Rookie