This shrimp and asparagus recipe will have you eating dinner in just 15 minutes! You will start by getting your shrimp and asparagus ready. I ended up having some frozen uncooked shrimp in my freezer which definitely kept me from having to go to the grocery store which is always a plus. I try to stock my pantry with things that have a good shelf (or freezer) life so that I have time to decide how I want to put the ingredients together.
The asparagus adds such a nice flavor to the dish and I think it’s probably one of my favorite vegetables. Can’t wait to cook these bad boys!
Go ahead and mix all of your lemon sauce ingredients and just set aside for now.
You will want to partially cook your shrimp and set aside. Next you will cook the asparagus for a few minutes while keeping them crisp. Add the shrimp back into the pan and then the lemon sauce mixture.
After just a couple of minutes back onto the pan, your shrimp will fully cook and your sauce should become a little thicker.
This dish comes together easily and quite fast, that you won’t have a reason to get dressed, get in your car, figure out where you want to drive, wait in the drive through, and travel back home. This was so easy and fast and much healthier than what you might have gotten had you been feeling lazy ;-p
Isn’t cooking fun?
Mmm dinner is served 🙂
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound medium or large raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and stalks cut into 2-3” pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Lemon Sauce:
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the lemon sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan in a single layer and cook each side for 1-2 minutes, or until they are turning pink and still opaque. Shrimp should be undercooked at this time. Season shrimp with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ black pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the same pan and heat to medium heat. Add asparagus and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp, or about 3-4 minutes. Season asparagus with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add garlic and stir, cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour lemon sauce mixture into frying pan with asparagus. Add shrimp back into pan with asparagus and lemon sauce. Simmer for about another minute, or until sauce has thickened and shrimp is fully cooked. Remove from heat and serve.
Adapted from Home Cooking Memories