Hello, it’s Friday guys! I hope you all had a great week so far and have some pretty exciting things planned for the weekend! This Georgia weather over here is bipolar, cold one day and hot and sunny the next. It really makes dressing for the weather difficult! We have a festival going on this weekend so hopefully the weather behaves 🙂
I made this shrimp fried quinoa to look for a way to really add in some protein, nutrition and still have my food taste good! I came across an article from the folks at Well-Being Secrets that mentioned many health benefits to this super food! If you all want to check out that link, click here !
A recipe definitely becomes easier when you already have half of the ingredients! I had some squash and zucchini in the fridge and some shrimp I wanted to put to good use. It was so easy to make and took about 15 minutes!
If you have any other veggies on hand like peas, carrots, bell peppers they all go great with fried quinoa! I actually forgot to fry an egg but that would be perfect as well! Please feel free to adjust to your taste and what you like 🙂
What are your favorites to add into fried quinoa? Comment below!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon butter
- ½ pound cooked deveined, tail-off shrimp
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup zucchini squash, diced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat.
- Add butter and shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and sauté onion for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute, or until fragrant. Add squash and zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables soften. Season with black pepper.
- Add shrimp and cooked quinoa to skillet. Add soy sauce and sesame oil, stir until fully combined. Remove from heat.
- Add salt if desired. Serve immediately.