I find myself cooking with shrimp more often than I ever did before. It cooks so fast which means less time in the kitchen! You’ve got yummy pasta, shrimp, spinach, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and lots of fresh garlic in this recipe!
Up until the last year or so I would always buy the jar of minced garlic. I think I gravitated towards it because of the convenience. And it wasn’t bad! On a whim last year I decided to start buying fresh garlic and wow, that was a game changer. Nothing beats the fresh smell of garlic. I told a friend of mine the first time I bought it and she goes, “really?” I’m pretty sure she was thinking, “Tabitha, what have you been doing all your life NOT buying fresh garlic?” I think I just held my head down that day haha!
Well I’m sure she’s proud of me these days! It’s so so good!
This is one of my go-to recipes when I want something fresh, healthy and QUICK! And if you want another shortcut, keep some frozen shrimp in your freezer!
- 2 cups cooked Fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound raw shrimp, deveined, tails removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large pan to medium heat. Add red pepper flakes and 1/2 garlic until fragrant, or about 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook shrimp for about 1 minute on each side, or until starts to turn pink.
- Add remaining garlic, spinach, and tomatoes and cook until spinach has wilted, or 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to pan with 1 tablespoon butter and lemon juice. Stir until fully mixed and butter has melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with lemon and Parmesan cheese if desired.