I’ve got a delish chicken dish that needs to be on your dinner table tonight!
This skillet caprese chicken is made right in the skillet and topped with a delicious balsamic glaze, ripe tomatoes, and fresh slices of mozzarella.
It’s an easy skillet version of Chicken Caprese that is so yummy, and let me tell you two of the main stars.. the delicious and fresh mozzarella cheese and the balsamic glaze. Oh and the fresh basil leaves.
Okay so that’s three ingredients, surely I can’t count.
But let me tell you right now this is so great, I don’t know how I’ll ever come back from freshly sliced mozzarella.
I’m not going to begin to tell you how many slices I ate when I was waiting on my dinner to finish cooking. I mean seriously, fresh mozzarella. It’s amazing.
It’s got nothing on that packaged shredded stuff, let me get my cheese grater out right now and grate it myself 🙂
Okay enough about my cheese obsession- let’s get back to the recipe…
You’ll cook the chicken in the pan until cooked, saute the fragrant garlic, make the balsamic glaze right in the pan- oh yes, might I add all of this can be done in one pan! Easy cleanup anyone? You’re going to add the chicken back to the pan, the cherry tomatoes, and then you get to assemble the lovely mozzarella cheese, the sliced tomatoes, the fresh basil, and the balsamic glaze.
This skillet chicken caprese with balsamic glaze is so easy and fun to make and I know you will enjoy it!
What are your favorite side dishes to eat with caprese chicken? I’d love to read your comment below!
This caprese chicken is made right in the skillet and topped with a delicious balsamic glaze, ripe tomatoes, and fresh slices of mozzarella.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, cumin. Add chicken to pan and cook for about 7-8 minutes on each side, or until chicken is fully cooked and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and turn heat down to medium low. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to pan, using a wooden spatula or whisk to scrape brown bits from bottom of pan. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until balsamic mixture thickens.
- Add chicken and cherry/grape tomatoes to skillet and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Top top each chicken breast with 2-3 slices of Roma tomatoes, a slice of mozzarella cheese, and some freshly chopped basil. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Serve, topped with tomatoes, balsamic glaze, and additional basil if desired.