There’s something about simple veggies that I looooove. Perhaps because you can eat the veggies with pretty much any dinner dish. With so many holidays I don’t know why I didn’t post this any sooner. Let’s all run to the grocery store and stock up on green beans! Not only are these veggies so versatile, it’s easy cleanup. I think I used maybe two dishes. That’s a win!
I have gotten so much better about making sure I’ve got a veggie side dish to go with dinner. It makes me feel so complete. With the new year coming up I am planning to have some appetizers and easy side dishes and I would not be surprised to see this on the dinner table. Who wants to spend all of their time in the kitchen when they’ve got friends and family over? This should take you no more than 20-25 minutes which leaves lots of time to chat away and reminisce about 2016 and what a year it was!
To make these green beans you’ll just trim the ends and boil them for about 8-10 minutes to soften them up a bit. Then we will saute some garlic and butter and the green beans! They are a great texture, and so beautiful in color.If you prefer softer green beans, feel free to keep them in the skillet a bit longer until it’s just the way you like.
What is your favorite way to enjoy green beans? Comment below!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil green beans in a medium to large size pot for about 8 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet to medium high heat. Add garlic and stir frequently for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add green beans and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, or until crisp and tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and serve hot.