Happy Friday! I have been working on a couple of other things the last couple of weeks but I’ve got some fun and new recipes coming to the blog soon!
We all know how much I love tacos. We also know how much I love slow cooker meals! If you’re a pork lover I would recommend these Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas. If you’re craving some smoky flavored chicken, definitely go for these Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Tacos ! Today I am introducing you to another recipe that’s a little similar in taste with these Beef Barbacoa Tacos.
The recipe contains a delicious beef roast, followed by garlic, chipotles in adobo sauce, onion, green chiles, lime juice, beef stock, apple cider vinegar, and of course the seasonings.
What I love about this recipe is that you literally place all the ingredients into the slow cooker and it does all the work for you. I think I might actually say that about all of my slow cooker recipes, but that’s why I go for them!
With the weather finally going towards fall and getting a little cooler (just a little) I will begin to think about how much I will use my dear slow cooker to make it easy on dinner (and my dishes). Extra points for being able to just walk into the house with dinner already almost prepared!
I like to top my beef barbacoa tacos with red onion and cilantro. You can also add cheese because, cheese goes well with just about any kind of taco. I love to eat them also with corn tortillas.
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped, 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (more to taste)
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Optional toppings;
- Red Onion
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place beef into crockpot. In a bowl combine the garlic, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, green chiles, onion, lime juice, beef stock, apple cider vinegar, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper until mixed. Add mixture on top of beef and stir to mix all ingredients. Top with bay leaves.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- When ready to serve, heat tortillas and top with barbacoa and optional toppings.