Hey hey! Happy Thursday! I had a recent conversation with my brother as he was taking a look over my website. He is subscribed to my blog and “looks at” my recipes but I have a hard time believing it. I get calls every now and then asking what he should make for dinner or what I’m making, what’s in it, etc.
As he was looking over my recipes trying to figure out what to make for dinner he proceeds to tell me how many chicken recipes I have on my blog. Okay I know I know, I have sooo many chicken recipes. That is why I have decided to try and put more non-chicken recipes on here! I never really realized how much of it I ate until I gathered and posted my recipes. It’s a goal to expand some of these things! But it will probably be no surprise that chicken will make it’s way on here within the next couple of posts 🙂
I was so gravitated towards this slow cooker beef and broccoli recipe because 1) apparently I need more non-chicken stuff 2) I love slow cooker meals 3) broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables and 4) I love asian-flavored stuff. oh and 5) I love tender meat.
So there you go. There’s five reasons why you should also make this slow cooker beef and broccoli. You can put almost all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and head to work, and then when you get home your kitchen will smell a-m-a-z-i-n-g and you’ll have fall off the bone beef. Once you add a little cornstarch mixture and broccoli you’re good to go!
It’s kind of like an asian pot roast. That’s what it really resembles. I didn’t think flank steak could get oh so tender but seriously guys. You’ve got. to. try. this.
- 1.5 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 4 tablespoons cold water
- For serving:
- Cooked rice
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add flank steak, beef stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and red chili flakes. Stir and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, add the cornstarch and water mixture to slow cooker. Stir and cook for 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before serving, heat a pot of water to boiling. Add broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes, or until broccoli is to desired doneness. Drain and add to slow cooker. Mix with beef.
- Serve with rice and top with sesame seeds if desired.
Adapted from La Creme de la Crumb