Raise your hand if you love slow cooker meals! *raises hand*
I’ve got a really yummy recipe for you!
Chicken, green beans and red potatoes are seasoned with a delicious mix of lemon juice, olive oil, and Italian style herbs.
I tried this recipe with chicken breast and decided to make it again, this time with chicken thigh and I was so happy with the results! I use chicken breasts for quite a few recipes because I like the flavor but found that in the slow cooker the breasts tend to get a little dry depending on the recipe. I felt this one was better and not as dry with chicken thigh.
Hey! I’m a poet and didn’t even know it.
*insert emoji with nerdy glasses face here*
I mean… now that I think about it…how long will it take until those emojis are built right into our computer keyboards. Eh?
Anyway, I am such a fan of this recipe because with most slow cooker meals that I go for, it takes just a few minutes to prep. I had a few extra minutes before going to work so I was able to spend a little time to put everything in the slow cooker. It was totally worth it when I got home and it smelled so good!
The prep really is easy- Chop the green beans, quarter the red potatoes, add the seasoning, juice the lemon, and cut the chicken thighs. Seeee it really is easy! There was so much flavor that really went a long way with the green beans, chicken, and potatoes. I literally ate this for four consecutive days!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed (about 2.5 cups)
- 1/4 pound baby red potatoes, quartered (about 4 cups)
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- In the center of the slow cooker place the chicken, with green beans on one side of chicken and potatoes on other side.
- In a medium bowl whisk lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic.
- Pour over the chicken, green beans and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Adapted from The Magical Slow Cooker