I think you’re going to need these S’mores covered strawberries in your life. Like, right now! Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits and I couldn’t resist sweetening them up. I was trying to think of a great snack to eat in lieu of Valentine’s Day that didn’t require many ingredients and decided these s’mores covered strawberries needed to happen!
Now if s’mores aren’t for you,
what’s wrong with you?? I’ve also got these Strawberry Brownie Skewers that would also make a great Valentine’s Day snack. Not a strawberry lover? How about this amazing Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bark? Are your taste buds in the mood yet? Are we getting close? Eh? Eh?
I was recently with a friend grocery shopping for dinner ingredients and decided I needed s’mores. Like, needed them. Because who makes a fire pit and does not have s’mores?
The weather was perfect- we played outside, took photos, and then came back inside to eat an amazing dinner. I ended up staying the night and we had another great meal, this time it was breakfast. The day was complete and I headed home. During my hour ride home, I was just you know, trying to make the most of this long, boring car ride.
Welll a few minutes into my car ride I realized a very important thing. WE FORGOT TO MAKE S’MORES!
Oh, I was devastated.
I had hopes and dreams to make these because I had not had them in so. long. waaaahhhhh!!
The s’mores needed to happen.
I couldn’t actually make the firepit once I got home, but I thought of something close- s’mores covered strawberries!
Beautiful strawberries, dipped into melted marshmallow and chocolate, and then finished off with graham cracker crumbs. Such a sweet treat!!!
All you gotta do is get your baking sheet ready and line it with parchment paper (this will help keep them from sticking). Melt the marshmallows in the microwave, but seriously watch them. I had the microwave set for 30 seconds and was a little too long. I got distracted by something in the kitchen and kinda forgot about the marshmallows. They kiiiind of exploded all over the microwave. So learn from me, just watch them.
As soon as you see they have expanded and melted, go ahead and take out the melted marshmallow out and stir. You’ll want to dip the strawberries into the marshmallow when it’s still hot. If you wait too long, you will have a sticky mess and it won’t really coat the strawberries.
Once you’ve got all of the strawberries covered in marshmallows, go ahead and cool them in the fridge for about half an hour to let the marshmallow harden on them. Once they’re ready, melt your chocolate and get to dippin! Finish them off with some yummy graham cracker crumbs.
These will get very messy, but I assure you they’re delicious and you will probably not be able to contain yourself, and eat a few of them.
- Mini marshmallows
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rinse strawberries and pat dry with a paper towel. Place strawberries onto parchment paper.
- Arrange three bowls- one with chocolate chips (microwave-safe), one with marshmallow (microwave safe), and one with graham cracker crumbs.
- Melt 1/2 cup marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl for 15-20 seconds, or until melted (they will quickly turn into fluff so don't leave unattended). Quickly stir melted marshmallow.
- Dip strawberries one by one into melted marshmallow and place back onto parchment paper. Cool in fridge for 30 minutes, or until marshmallow hardens.
- Melt chocolate chips for one minute, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip marshmallow covered strawberries into melted chocolate, and then graham cracker crumbs.
- Continue for remaining marshmallows.
- Store in fridge.