Happy Monday! Please tell me I’m not the only one that had a hard time going back to work today. With daylight savings we know we lost an hour of our precious lives and it’s really not fun. What else isn’t fun is not realizing you snoozed your alarm one too any times and then panicking because you feel like you’re missing a really important meeting at work. That totally happened to me this morning.
I guess I didn’t realize how much sleep I was missing and my body decided to just give up. It really can’t be worse than waking up suuuuper late and literally rushing with every ounce of speed you’ve got to get. out. the. door. in. 10. minutes. Another true story.
Well. Enough about my love for sleep. I’ve also got love for these deviled eggs. There’s so many variations of deviled eggs, and this is actually the second one I’ve featured on my blog. I’ve got a recipe for these delicious Southwestern Deviled Eggs that include yummy ingredients like avocado, cilantro, and lime. We all know I’m all about ways to make Mexican inspired dishes!
This recipe is what I think is the southern way to eat deviled eggs. They’re made with mayo, mustard and relish and I think it’s really what I crave when I want deviled eggs! Once they’re nice and cold I really can’t stop eating them, they’re so good!
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons relish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika for topping
- Halve the eggs length-wise. Remove the yolks and add to a large mixing bowl and mash. Place egg whites on a platter and set aside.
- To the mixing bowl with yolks, add mayo, mustard, relish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each of the egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Store in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Serve cold.