You know those ingredients that you buy from the grocery store and kind of keep until a really good something comes up? Like a special occasion, holiday, birthday, or maybe da-da-da-da-da national cheese lovers day! I bought frozen spinach a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been waiting to see what kind of recipe I could create. When I found out that it was national cheese lovers day I had to show the world one of the ways spinach and cheese go so great together! Spinach balls! Like, that’s a thing? Really?
We all know I’m all about easy recipes that feed a crowd. One of the main reasons I love being a food blogger is sharing the food I make with anyone and everyone I know. Even better that the recipes yields a lot, and we’re talking about 25 balls here! They’re perfect size for snacking and I promise you can’t eat just one. I mean let’s be real, I had 3 just when I was photographing them. I couldn’t keep all of them home so I brought some to work and made the crowd happy. Woop!
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a paper towel to squeeze excess water out of spinach and fully drain.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Form into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until spinach balls are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Adapted from Dishing Delish