If you’re still looking for a Valentine’s Day treat, this one’s for YOU! You’re going to assemble a layer of graham crackers, top with melted chocolate, and then decorate with pretty Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles and M&M’s! You can pretty much stop reading here because I know you’re already writing down those ingredients for your next grocery trip!
The neat thing about this recipe is you can actually make it year round and just substitute the decorations for whatever candies you like! Don’t be surprised if you see me making different types of bark in 2017, especially ones with graham crackers that make the recipe E-A-S-Y.
I think the hardest part about making this recipe today was waiting for the chocolate to set. I have this thing called impatience when it comes to food. I consider myself a pretty patient person but seriously not with food and desserts like these. Anyway, I put the bark in the fridge and I’m pretty sure I kept checking the fridge like every 20 minutes to see when it would be ready!
It’s safe to say let it chill in the fridge for about an hour. I didn’t die. Whewww that was hard!
I think once it’s all set it almost looks to fragile to break apart!
That feeling didn’t actually last long… I got down and dirty and broke the bark into pieces in no time!
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 4 or 5-ounce dark chocolate bar
- 3-4 tablespoons Valentine's colored sprinkles
- 3-4 tablespoons Valentine's colored M&M's
- Layer graham crackers onto a single layer in a baking sheet.
- Add chocolate chips and chocolate bar into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir, place back in microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Continue this process until chocolate has melted (should take about 90 seconds total).
- Spread melted chocolate evenly onto graham crackers until they are coated.
- Top with sprinkles and M&M's.
- Place bark into the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and break the bark into desired size pieces.
Adapted from Crunchy Creamy Sweet