Happy Friday! I knew it wouldn’t be long before I came out with another amazing chicken recipe. What can I say, chicken is so versatile and I love experimenting with it!
Can we make chicken wing Friday a thing? Seriously? Wing Wednesday certainly sounds better but I don’t care. It’s Friday and I’m going to post about these amazing baked teriyaki chicken wings!
I have such a weakness for chicken wings! As you can see I took the lemon pepper route with these Baked Lemon Pepper Wings because I loooooove lemon. Sometimes I’m craving something spicy and sweet at the same time and that’s where these spicy teriyaki chicken wings come into play.
They’re also baaakkeeedddd!
I’m all about throwing some ingredients together and letting the oven to all the work. Or the slow cooker. Or whatever gives me more time to get out of the kitchen and relax! These teriyaki chicken wings have the perfect amount of sweet and spicy and since they do have an asian flavor I couldn’t help myself and had to eat it with rice.
I also couldn’t help myself by adding some extra sauce to this chicken- and then BAM this happened! Look at that! How does that little piece look? I guess I’m biased towards the flats, but I mean, come onnnnnn. The sauce!!
Typically I know that might sound weird- chicken wings? With rice? Welll you’ll love the sauce and you’ll experience the same thing I did when making the wings so go ahead and get that rice cooking! Top of these amazing teriyaki chicken wings with some sesame seeds and green onion and it will all come together so nice!
I’m pretty sure this is going to end up on my weekly meal plan every week until I get sick of them.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2-3 cups cooked white rice
- For garnish:
- Sliced green onion
- Sesame seeds
- In a medium sized bowl, combine soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Pour 1/3 of the marinade into a ziploc bag and add chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to a couple hours.
- Place the remaining sauce ingredients into a small pot. Whisk in cornstarch until blended. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer for 20 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Add the chicken wings in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes and flip chicken wings over to continue cooking for an additional 20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once chicken wings are fully cooked, add sauce and broil for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with white rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.
Adapted from Butter Your Biscuit