It’s football season which means we have to have wings. I take it back, it’s not going to be football season much longer- TOMORROW IS THE SUPER BOWL! We made it! Tomorrow is the day the nation will go crazy when the winner is determined! Will it be the Patriots or our very own Falcons? Goooo Falconnssssss!!
A couple of weeks ago I posted a recipe for Baked Lemon Pepper Wings and I definitely couldn’t resist posting a recipe for buffalo chicken. Normally I’m all about buffalo chicken wings with the bone but these meatballs blew my mind. You could totally make them ahead of time and keep them warm in the oven until your guests arrive!
Whenever I go to house parties where there’s food tables I always seem to gravitate towards food that isn’t terribly messy. Every now and then don’t get me wrong- I have no shame and I’ll definitely go face deep in buffalo chicken wings at home BUT I gotta act like a lady in front of other people and show a little self control! These buffalo chicken meatballs are awesome because you can eat them with a fork or grab ’em with a toothpick and carry on!
Another reason I really love these chicken meatballs is that I had a bunch of the ingredients. My Frank’s felt a little neglected in my kitchen pantry so I was happy to bring it out today. Panko is always in my pantry, and I always keep eggs and garlic on hand. Don’t you love that I don’t make you go buy the entire grocery store trying to make my recipes?
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 (1-ounce) packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5-6 green onions (1/4 cup), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- Ranch or Blue Cheese for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot, ground chicken, and next 8 ingredients until fully combined. Using wet hands, form the chicken mixture into 1 tablespoon sized balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup Frank's red hot to a bowl and toss meatballs into bowl. Place chicken meatballs back onto prepared baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately with ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce if desired.
Adapted from TidyMom