One of the things I love about holidays is creating yummy food to help get me in the spirit. We just had Valentine’s Day this month and I posted a couple of recipes. Both of the recipes for Strawberry Brownie Skewers and Valentines Day Chocolate Bark were both very easy to make and DELICIOUS recipes, so if you haven’t yet already checked them out you can totally still make them! I guess my love for chocolate is coming out and it’s really showing with all of these holidays! In lieu of St. Patrick’s Day it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t come up with another festive treat!
I don’t know if these cookies are for you, but if you’re not a fan of chocolate or mint then you might want to stop reading this! These Mint Oreo Truffles are made with a package (yes, a full package) of Mint Oreo’s, some cream cheese, and melted chocolate chips. I mean, it’s literally 3 ingredients. How can you NOT make these sweet treats?
I had to get a little creative by visiting the bakery section of my grocery store to see how I could make these look more festive. We can’t have St. Patrick’s Day without green, and I love the way the truffles look with a touch of gold! Beware, they taste just like Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies so you might need a little bit of self restraint like I did!
What are some ways you like to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
I’d love to see you comment below!
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package Mint Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional Toppings:
- Green and Gold Sprinkles
- Add Oreos (the filling and cookies) to a food processor and pulse until crumbles form. Add cookie crumbles to a large bowl. Add softened cream cheese to bowl and use a hand mixer to combine until fully incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your hands, form the cream cheese and cookie mixture into 25-30 balls.Place balls onto prepared cookie sheet and place cookie sheet into freezer for about 30 minutes (having the balls really cold is what will help the chocolate coat them).
- Add chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir, place back in microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Continue this process until chocolate has melted (should take about 90 seconds total).
- Dip the Oreo ball one at a time into the melted chocolate, covering with chocolate. Place truffle back onto prepared baking sheet. Continue this process for the remaining truffles. Top with optional sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm.
- Store in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, allowing the chocolate to set.
- Store cold in fridge for up to 5 days.