One of the things I love about having friends and family over is that I get to feed them and we get to spend quality time together. The only downside to that is sometimes meal planning takes some -you know what I’m already going to say- PLANNING! Lucky for you I have a smoked salmon recipe that doesn’t take much planning at all, you can see from this picture how easy it is to make something so fun and pretty! It is definitely something that will hold your guests over until the main dish is ready.
As you know smoked salmon is one of my favorite things to snack on. When I have avocado that’s ripe and ready to eat, my go-to recipe is this quick Avocado Toast with Smoked Salmon. Often I crave cream cheese with my smoked salmon and compensate by eating something a little on the healthier side with these Smoked Salmon Cucumber Boats because they’re so pretty and delicate and you really don’t miss the carbs, whether that’s bread or bagel!
This recipe is another take on smoked salmon and cucumber but it’s a little easier to eat because they’re in this adorable portions that make grabbing and going so easy! It took me 5 minutes to put this together and look how cute they are!
If you are having friends or family over I would recommend doubling the recipe to make sure there’s enough to go around! Let me just say I ate this entire plate in one sitting. How could I not? I love smoked salmon!! Keep this recipe in mind with some holidays coming up- we’ve got Easter and then Mother’s Day and these are snacks everyone can enjoy!
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup plain cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Arrange the cucumber slices in a single layer onto a platter or plate.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on top each cucumber slice (more or less to taste), followed by a piece of salmon, then sprinkle of chopped dill.
- Serve immediately, or keep in the refrigerator until needed.