How is your week going? I can’t believe we are just about halfway through! Last weekend it was so nice outside and I spent lots of time in the sun, walking around and finding awesome patios. It’s a seasonal thing!
I thought I would be a bit more relaxed this week but I couldn’t resist getting back into the sun yesterday for a jog in the park. I guess the sun gets us all a little more active! I went for my first run in 5 months. FIVE. That’s insane! It was really good to get out there so I am sure I’m going to keep it up!
We won’t always want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen so of course I’m always looking for ways to change up variety and mixing up things a bit. Totally a bonus if it can be done in 30 minutes right??!!
I modified what we typically know about BLT by making it into a BLT pasta salad! Since I can’t get enough of tacos of any sort- you know I had to try it out in taco form! We might have missed Taco Tuesday, but make sure this is on your meal planning list for next week!
It seriously does not need to be a Tuesday for me to show taco love! If salmon really isn’t your thing I’ve got some other options for you! If you like chicken tacos check out my recipe for BBQ Chicken Tacos and Buffalo Chicken Tacos. Believe it or not I do have tacos other than chicken, and here’s one of my favorite ways to eat ground beef tacos.
These Salmon BLT tacos are seriously so good. Get some tortillas together- I love corn with this but you can totally substitute with flour tortillas if you like them better! Layer the tacos with your salmon, bacon, lettuce (arugula), tomato, cheddar cheese and then top them off with the yummy Sriracha ranch!
- For the salmon:
- 2 pounds salmon, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- For the tacos:
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Sriracha Ranch Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- In a small bowl, combine the sriracha ranch ingredients. Store in the fridge until ready use.
- Mix the salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, onion powder and chili powder in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, toss salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil and seasonings mixture onto salmon until fully seasoned.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet to medium high heat. Add salmon and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness (I like mine medium-medium well).
- Remove salmon from pan and set aside.
- Heating up tortillas. Layer the tacos with cooked salmon, bacon, arugula, tomatoes, and cheese. Top tacos with sriracha ranch.